To develop an understanding of:
1. The Lean fundamentals and how to begin teaching others these concepts.
2. Lean Facilitation, including: its’ key components, best practices, and benefits.
3. The roles, responsibilities, and behaviors required to successfully facilitate an effective rapid improvement event.
4. The required standard work processes for the three stages of RIE Facilitation, as well as the necessary roles & responsibilities for leaders and participants.
5. Best practices for Lean facilitators and potential pitfalls to avoid.
I. Course Introduction; Icebreaker
II. Lean Fundamentals Review
III. Lean Jeopardy Exercise
IIII. Overview and Benefits of Lean Facilitation
V. Lean Facilitation: The Players (Roles and Responsibilities)
VI. What is a RIE? (Overview, Project Selection, 3 Stages and RIE Standard Work)
VII. Lean Facilitation Lessons Learned (How to Implement and Sustain improvements)
VIII. Homework Assignment
IX. Course Summary; Plus/Delta